Who can help me? I have been sexually abused.

There are many people in Germany who help young people.

They work in advice centres.

They can help in the event of violence.

They can help in the event of sexual abuse.


Advice is free of charge.

They will help you to decide what help you need.


Find them at:




There are also advice centres for young refugees.

Unfortunately the website is only in German.


And often you have to make an appointment.

Ask someone if they can help you. Many have interpreters.

If they do not have interpreters, maybe you can take someone with you.

My cousin (male, 22 years old) touched me (female, 13 years old) between my legs. But I didn’t want him to. What happens if I tell someone?

Your cousin is not allowed to do that.

Nobody is allowed to touch you in your intimate areas.

Whether you are a girl or a boy.

You are too young.

That is not permitted in Germany.

When you are older, you are allowed to decide who touches you by yourself.


You should tell your carer.

They can get help for you.

So that it doesn’t happen again.

You can also get help at an advice centre.



You are not guilty.

You will not be punished.

Your cousin can be punished if you want him to be.

Then you must make a complaint to the police.

An advice centre can help you with that.

I am a 14-year-old boy. My carer wants to kiss me. I think that‘s disgusting. What should I do?

Your carer is not allowed to kiss you.

In Germany, people are not allowed to take advantage of vulnerable persons.

Vulnerable persons are:

People who need help and protection from another person.

So he has done something wrong and prohibited.

Tell him that you do not want to.

He must accept that.


If he continues, get help.

Tell another carer or your guardian.

If they do not believe you, look for someone else.

Until someone helps you.



Your feelings are ok.

You will not be punished.

You are allowed to say NO.

I have already had sex. And I received money for it. Is that prohibited?

If you are under 18:

Nobody is allowed to pay you for sex.

That ist prohibited in Germany.


But you haven’t done anything bad.

IMPORTANT: You will not be punished.

The people who had sex with you have behaved wrongly.

They can be punished.


You don’t have to do it anymore.

You can contact the police.

The police in Germany will help to ensure the people don’t do it anymore.


It is good to talk about it.

Then maybe things will be better for you.

Look for someone who you can tell.

Someone who will not think badly of you because of it.


There are also advice centres to help you:

For young men: http://www.marikas.de/

For young women: http://www.mimikry.net/

For everyone: http://www.jadwiga-online.de/kontakt.php

For women: http://www.solwodi.de/33.0.html?&L=0%3FkeepThis%3Dtrue

I am pregnant. And I want to have the child. What should I do now?

This is a big change for you.

You are allowed to decide what happens next.

That is a big responsibility.

But there are lots of people who can help you.


It is important that you take care of yourself.

That includes your health.

You should visit a gynaecologist.

They will examine you.

They will also give you tips on staying healthy.


For other questions there is a pregnancy advice centre.

The people there will help to answer your questions.

You can find one on this website:



You may need someone to help you search.

The website is currently only in German.

Maybe you can go there with an interpreter.

I am pregnant. And I do NOT want to have the child. What should I do now?

You are allowed to decide whether you want to have the child or not.
You can talk about it with someone you trust.
But you can make your own decision.

You are allowed to terminate the pregnancy.
That is permitted in Germany.
But only when the foetus inside you is still very small.
When you are less than three months pregnant.
If you are under the age of 18 and want to have an operation under general aesthetic,
you must obtain consent from your parent or legal guardian.

You must visit a pregnancy advice centre in advance.
Find an advice centre here: http://www.familienplanung.de/beratung/beratungsstellensuche
There is no need to be frightened. They will only talk to you.
You can tell them why you want to terminate the pregnancy.
Then you will receive confirmation that you visited the advice centre.
You need this confirmation to have an abortion.
They will also give you the address of a doctor or a hospital.
A place where you can receive safe treatment.
Do not try any other method. That can be dangerous.

If the foetus inside you is already older than 3 months, you will have to give birth to it.
Then you are allowed to give up the child for adoption.
The youth welfare office will look for parents for the baby.

Welcome to www.refu-tips.de

This website is designed for underage girls and boys.

But you should be at least 13 years old.

We will have new information for you regularly.

So visit our website often.


You would like to feel at home in Germany.

So you need to know the rules.

And you need to learn a few things.

We want to help you do this.


Maybe we are too direct for you.

Maybe you find something embarrassing.

Something we write.

We do not mean to cause any harm.

We apologise in advance.

But it is important that you also know about embarrassing subjects.


You should feel comfortable and safe in Germany.

We want to help you feel that way.

How can you help me?

We can explain things to you and give you information via the website.

Nothing bad should happen to children and young people here.

We are committed to providing support.

That is why we are explaining lots of things.

So that you know what is good and what is bad.


We cannot help children and young people directly.

You cannot speak to us by telephone.

But there are many other people in Germany who help children and young people.

Even when they have experienced violence.

Even when they have experienced sexual abuse.

We can tell you where to find help.


You should be safe here.